New recipes

Which 10 Countries Consume the Most Sugar?

Which 10 Countries Consume the Most Sugar?


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Some people in the “honeymoon stage” of a relationship might call a significant other "sugar," “sugar pie,” “as sweet as sugar,” or even… shudder… “sugar bear.” What they don’t realize they’re inadvertently implying is that too much of their loved one might make them gain weight, accumulate tooth cavities, and increase risks for heart disease and Type 2 diabetes.

Click here for the Sugar Hall of Shame slideshow.

There are various facts about both the benefits and “evils” of sugar floating around the Internet, some contradicting each other, but there’s one mantra consumers can get behind: everything in moderation.

The World Health Organization revised its guidelines for sugar consumption in March, recommending that adults and children limit their free sugar intake to less than 10 percent of their total daily energy intake. The change in that data is that the WHO now advises people that limiting consumption to five percent of total daily energy intake would provide even more health benefits. By “free sugars,” the organization means sugars added to foods and drinks by the consumer, cook, or manufacturer. Examples are monosaccharides (such as glucose and fructose) and disaccharides (like sucrose and table sugar). The natural sugars in honey, fruit juices, fruit juice concentrates, and syrups are also included under the “free sugars” umbrella.

According to the Washington Post and Euromonitor, a market research firm, the 10 countries that consume the most sugar worldwide on a daily basis are ingesting well above the WHO’s recommended amount. The organization suggests consuming no more than 25 grams of free sugars per day in order for a person of normal weight to reap the maximum health benefits, but in the number one offending country, the average person consumes about 126.4 grams daily. The rest of the top 10 follow relatively close behind. Check out the list to see if your country is included in the sugar hall of shame.

#10 Canada

Coming in at number 10, the average Canadian consumes 89.1 grams of sugar a day, according to the Washington Post and Euromonitor. Popular chain Tim Hortons iced caps could contribute to the total, as well as classic (and delicious-looking) pastries called Beaver Tails.

#9 Finland

Finland ranks slightly higher on the list than Canada, with the average person consuming 91.5 grams of sugar daily. With tasty options like omenalörtsy, pastries filled with stewed apples, on the table, it wouldn’t be too difficult to over-eat in the sugar department.


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:


The 5 Countries That Produce the Most Sugar

In the 2019/2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020/2021.     Approximately 80% of the world's sugar is produced from sugar cane in tropical and subtropical climates. The remaining 20% comes from sugar beets, which are grown mostly in the temperate zones of the Northern Hemisphere. A total of over 120 countries produce sugar.

Key Takeaways

  • In the 2019–2020 crop year, global sugar production was approximately 166.18 million metric tons, with 182 million metric tons expected for 2020–2021.
  • The largest sugar-producing countries in 2019–2020 were Brazil, India, the EU, China, and Thailand.
  • Brazil was the single largest producer, with 29.93 million metric tons of sugar produced in 2019–2020.

The largest sugar-producing countries were as follows:



Comments:

  1. Warrane

    Of course, I apologize for the offtopic. TS, your resource is not in the Blogun? If you are there, then I will try to look for you there. I liked the site. If in the subject, then you understand me.

  2. Akhenaten

    the Excellent idea

  3. Tupi

    Bravo, a wonderful idea and time frame

  4. Sazuru

    I'm sure this - confusion.

  5. Courtney

    Between us, try to search for the answer to your question in google.com

  6. Wilson

    It is true! I think it is a good idea. And he has a right to life.

  7. Ramses

    I beg your pardon that I interrupt you.



Write a message