We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Sponge cake
- Swiss roll
This Swiss roll with blueberries can also be varied with other berries - but blueberries are my favourite, especially when they are in season! The trick with dissolving the gelatine is adding the cold mixture to the warm gelatine.
1 person made this
- 300g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- For the sponge
- 4 eggs, separated
- 125g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g sugar
- 40g flour
- 40g cornflour
- For the filling
- 400g whipping cream
- 400g full-fat yoghurt
- 75g sugar
- 10g leaf gelatine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- milk chocolate, grated
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:37min
- If using frozen, defrost all but 2 tablespoons of the blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat egg yolks with 125g sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add 40g sugar. Fold in the egg whites to the egg yolk-sugar mixture.
- Sieve the flour and cornflour into a bowl and then fold into the egg mixture. Spread evenly over the prepared tray. Lightly bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes. Immediately after baking, invert the sponge onto a damp tea towel and remove the baking parchment carefully.
- For the filling whip half of the cream. In a separate bowl mix the yoghurt with sugar till dissolved.
- Soak the gelatine for about 3 minutes cold water. Squeeze out excess water. Place the soaked leaves in a saucepan and melt slowly over a very low heat till dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Put the gelatine in a bowl and mix with a few spoons of the yoghurt mixture, then stir in the remaining yoghurt. Fold in blueberries. Last fold in the whipped cream.
- Leave the mixture in the refrigerator for a few minutes and only once the yoghurt mixture begins to gel spread on the pastry. Gently roll up the sponge from the long side.
- Whip the rest of the cream with the vanilla sugar and spread it all over the roll. Decorate with grated chocolate and reserved blueberries. Leave for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator until set.